• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

broken job offer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeadvicezpt1

login

I had a log problem.

In your emails does it show that you had an agreement as to when you were to start work, how much you were to be paid, etc? This can constitute an agreement which would be a contract.

racer72

I had a log problem.

In your emails does it show that you had an agreement as to when you were to start work, how much you were to be paid, etc? This can constitute an agreement which would be a contract.
None of the above is true. The only employment contracts that are binding are between unions and employers. Otherwise any employer can withdraw any offer of employment at anytime.

mlane58

None of the above is true. The only employment contracts that are binding are between unions and employers. Otherwise any employer can withdraw any offer of employment at anytime.
That is incorrect. Any employer can have a contract that limits the employer's right to fire the employee -- usually by detailing the grounds for termination or setting a term of employment, however the majority if not most of employees are given a written offer of employment, that will state it is not a contract and the employee is an at-will employee.

freeadvicezpt1

I am not an attorney, I only tell people what has worked for me in my dealings with defendants in a court of law. Research at the law library downtown Los Angeles is my hangout during legal trying times. Based on what has been told to me, my above response is accurate.

HomeGuru

I am not an attorney, I only tell people what has worked for me in my dealings with defendants in a court of law. Research at the law library downtown Los Angeles is my hangout during legal trying times. Based on what has been told to me, my above response is accurate.
**A: please do more research.

racer72

That is incorrect. Any employer can have a contract that limits the employer's right to fire the employee -- usually by detailing the grounds for termination or setting a term of employment, however the majority if not most of employees are given a written offer of employment, that will state it is not a contract and the employee is an at-will employee.
My answer is based on the very limited info given by the poster. An agreement on when one would start work and how much one would be paid do not limit the employer's rights to terminate an employee, even if the person has not started working yet. I do agree limits on why one can be terminated can be a term of employment, this was not stated by the poster. My answer was directed at the poster, not as a general one size fits all answer.

freeadvicezpt1

I was telling my friend of a lawsuit I had won last week. It's a done deal. What research do you require?

Anyway, I think everybody scared her away. You can delete this whole thread.

freeadvicezpt1

She won!

Using my lawsuit as reference, she won her case in the City of Palm Springs Ca...

...just as I did.

The court ruled justly and properly!

justalayman

so, cite your case and the other case you say was won. and by what legal principle were the arguments; you know, legal theory.

Last edited by a moderator:

justalayman

Um, I'm not trying to save face. I want you to cite the cases involved.

I simply think you are full of stuffing and cannot support your claims.

so, cite the cases and the legal theory that was supposedly successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">