• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

partly my fault?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ashley1

A couple of months ago my husband and I got into an argument. He left the room and went into another room and shut the door. I followed him into the other room where he proceeded to beat me up pretty good. He said he called a lawyer and explained the situation and the lawyer made it sound like since I followed him into the room that it was my fault and okay that he did it. I need to know how this works in the eyes of the law. I live in Utah.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. WHat I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You have every right to follow him into your room. That doesn't make you the agressor. HE beat YOU up. So.....call a lawyer and sue him for assault and battery (and divorce of course) and be done with it. http://www.attorneypages.com

He just said the thing about the lawyer to scare you.

L

leandra wright

liar liar

Ashley, he is such a liar!!! i don't care what state you are in there is never a reason for either partner to strike the other, you followed him into the other room??? if you quickly followed me out of a resteruant because i argued with you there should I have the right to beat you up just because you followed me to continue the arguement? Now it's time for you to beat him with the legal hand, get a lawyer, ask that he pays for your attorney fees and all court costs!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">