• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims-Seller vs. Buyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jellyprpl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I just sold a car which I believe to be in good shape. I didn't however disclose an accident that required a new mirror and driver's door, nor did the buyer ask me, "Has the car been in any accidents?" prior to the sale. I did, however, give the buyer an opportunity to take it to a mechanic, but didn't proceed to. The buyer test drove and examined it visually prior to sale. The buyer and I have signed a Bill of Sale which includes the content, "As is" condition. The buyer gets the car detailed and the paint comes off. It had just been a few days since the car had been painted while it was still in my custody. The body shop did not tell me any cautionary information on new paint jobs. Now the buyer seeks for compensation for the extra $1,000 that he incurred after purchasing the vehicle. Am I rightly accusable for fraud for not disclosing information that he didn't ask for? And does the buyer have a chance for earning compensation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">