• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missing trumpet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V White

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MS
My son's trumpet was taken from a child by his bus driver. The driver turned in the trumpet to the main office, and now the trumpet is gone. The office refuses to pay for the lost trumpet. Do I have a case?

cyjeff

Since this is almost July, I am guessing we can assume that the trumpet has been in school hands for a while....

How long?

Typically, the schools around here donate the stuff in the lost and found at the end of the year. If you didn't claim it then, I would look to the parents of the boy that had it taken away.

V White

Trumpet

The trumpet was taken in Mid March. I have been going the rounds with the school system since. So far, I've I gone through 3 transportation supervisors, 2 district supervisors, 1 school attorney, and now the Superintendant of the School system! Still no one can give me any answers. I just keep getting shifted higher up!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The trumpet was taken in Mid March. I have been going the rounds with the school system since. So far, I've I gone through 3 transportation supervisors, 2 district supervisors, 1 school attorney, and now the Superintendant of the School system! Still no one can give me any answers. I just keep getting shifted higher up!
Submit a claim against the school (they can tell you what form you need to use). Do it soon - you have a time limit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">