• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a Case? Tax guy problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Will712

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

Well here's my dilemma. We got our taxes to our guy a little late this year and he said he would do what he could to get them in on time. That's not the problem. The problem is we have heard nothing since doing so. We have tried to contact him on his home and cell numbers, left him messages repeatedly and he just screens our calls and refuses to contact us. Fast forward to the beginning of May. I was getting ready for school getting the final things squared away and applying for FASFA. We called the guy again in attempts to get our tax information to complete the forms and again left messages. He still refused to contact us. We continued to attempt to contact him right up till its deadline on the 1st of July. We left him messages explaining to him that we needed the information so I could fill out the form.

Now I am pretty much screwed. Without a fasfa I cannot get financial aid or even student loans. I cannot take a year off because if I do I will loose all of my health insurance. Even if I do take the year off I know I will have trouble getting back into school next year. This guy is risking my entire future for no reason.

I don't really know what to do at this point, so I was wondering if I could file a lawsuit against him because because he refused to even contact us I have put my entire future at risk. I have no money for school, I will have no insurance. I won't be able to attend college in the fall. I don't want the sue him for much, I just want enough to pay for school this year and mabey something for my trouble since I will have other things like tools I need to purchase for the field I am studying.

Do I have a case?
-Will

Sorry if this isn't a small claim, I don't know what the maximum amount is to be considered a small claim and I am looking for about 10,000.

tranquility

I'm not seeing your cause of action here, or the damages. This seems very contractual and ethics and not a tort. Report him to his overriding authority and sue him for your stuff.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">