• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Elderly parents and children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thomasv4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? DC/Maryland
My grandmother lives in DC and has given power of attorney over everything to a step granddaughter. Now there are 4 living children and they have been denied information involving health care and well being. The step granddaughter has since moved my grandmother out of her home in DC to MD the adult protective services are moving very slow in this process. My mother and her sisters have not been able to see or speak to thier mother in 1 month. What rights do children/grandchilderen have to atleast speak to their mother/grandmother. It has now been determined that she has mild dementia. Our mother and grandmother is 91 yrs old. The last time I spoke to or seen my grandmother since Jan 09.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">