• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seperation, Child, and Bills.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jolly11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

I have been a stay at home father for the past 2 years, my wife just recently has left me, and our home that we rent.

She is saying that she will only pay for the place and the bills for rest of the month.

I have no clue of anything legal about this.

Can she just walk and not pay anymore bills, with a child involved while i look for work and continue to watch our child as the primary day care at the home?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

I have been a stay at home father for the past 2 years, my wife just recently has left me, and our home that we rent.

She is saying that she will only pay for the place and the bills for rest of the month.

Can she just walk and not pay anymore bills, with a child involved while i look for work and continue to watch our child as the primary day care at the home?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Time for you to get a job quickly. Also you need to file for custody, support, alimony and sole possession of the marital residence. You will NEED a job of some sort. You will also need to go to job and family services and apply for assistance.

LdiJ

Can she? Yes, she can if she wants to put her own credit at risk and/or doesn't care about her own credit...or if the lease has expired.

Other than that, follow OG's advice. Just remember that nothing is guaranteed so the sooner you get some income coming in from employment the better.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">