• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorneys Fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalilbit08

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

How would i be able to get out of paying for my ex's attorney fees? i had my own lawyer at one time and now i couldn't afford her anymore. So how do i handle court on the 22 of this month because they will bring up attorney fee's?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

How would i be able to get out of paying for my ex's attorney fees? i had my own lawyer at one time and now i couldn't afford her anymore. So how do i handle court on the 22 of this month because they will bring up attorney fee's?
Did the court order you to pay attorney's fees? If so, you have to pay it. If not, you don't.

Of course, if you stop paying, they can ask the court to order you to, but without more details, it's impossible to say whether the court would go along or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">