• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paris Jackson

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NA

I don't care what anyone thought about Michael Jackson, but I don't believe that anyone could see that little girl (who was hidden from the world for so long) get up on that stage and tell the world, so bravely, how much she loved her daddy, and not believe that he was a good father to his children.

I bawled like a baby over that. I only caught it by accident because I didn't actually watch the funeral, but that poor little girl was so very brave and she just broke my heart.

I realized that he was a parent, but that made me realize that he was a "daddy".

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NA

I don't care what anyone thought about Michael Jackson, but I don't believe that anyone could see that little girl (who was hidden from the world for so long) get up on that stage and tell the world, so bravely, how much she loved her daddy, and not believe that he was a good father to his children.

I bawled like a baby over that. I only caught it by accident because I didn't actually watch the funeral, but that poor little girl was so very brave and she just broke my heart.

I realized that he was a parent, but that made me realize that he was a "daddy".
I didn't watch it either but I saw that. I actually blogged about it on my blog BEFORE I read your post. I agree. He was her daddy. And she is missing her daddy. NOT a celebrity. Not a strange man. Not anything but her daddy. My heart breaks for her.

Just Blue

I didn't watch it either but I saw that. I actually blogged about it on my blog BEFORE I read your post. I agree. He was her daddy. And she is missing her daddy. NOT a celebrity. Not a strange man. Not anything but her daddy. My heart breaks for her.
You know how I said I wasn't going to watch the funeral??? I did. Yeah...I couldn't stop crying. Magic and Brook were incredibly sweet and eloquent in their tribute and Paris was heartbreaking. One would have to have no soul to not be touched.

May Michael find the peace in death that so alluded him in life....

justalayman

I often read a few "odd" websites and the take on several was that her being on stage as she was was a continuation of the problems the family has dealt with for the last 45+ years continued to a new generation. Janet's prodding to speak up and get closer to the mic seemed like an effort to make sure she performed properly. A typical show business attitude and action.

The children have been so shielded up to now and the first time (I am aware of) any of them are actually presented to the public, it is in front of 20k people and speaking about their recently deceased dad. I think they should have continued to shield the children as they have and let them deal with their grief the way they have lived; privately. Regardless of what MJ may have done or not done, he was their father and it will be a great loss to them. It's going to be a really hard thing for them to continue on, especially considering the storm that seems to be brewing over custody.

Of all the folks involved, the kids are the only ones I have sympathy for.

LdiJ

I often read a few "odd" websites and the take on several was that her being on stage as she was was a continuation of the problems the family has dealt with for the last 45+ years continued to a new generation. Janet's prodding to speak up and get closer to the mic seemed like an effort to make sure she performed properly. A typical show business attitude and action.

The children have been so shielded up to now and the first time (I am aware of) any of them are actually presented to the public, it is in front of 20k people and speaking about their recently deceased dad. I think they should have continued to shield the children as they have and let them deal with their grief the way they have lived; privately. Regardless of what MJ may have done or not done, he was their father and it will be a great loss to them. It's going to be a really hard thing for them to continue on, especially considering the storm that seems to be brewing over custody.

Of all the folks involved, the kids are the only ones I have sympathy for.
Wow...I so disagree with that. It did not come off that way at all with me.

Anybody in show business is automatically going to tell a child to speak up and into the mike.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Michael Jackson has now done everything he will ever do, and said everything he will ever say. It is left to the rest of us to consider the totality of his life and finish the statement "He was a man who..."

Some will say "...was a kind, loving, misunderstood, nonconformist who had supernatural talent and made the most profound contributions to our collective culture." Others will say "...was a freakish, deeply disturbed predator who used children for sexual gratification and destroyed his body and his life with drug abuse."

Understandably, those who love him--and I mean really love him--are determined to present him at his memorial as the former, and I think it's highly likely that the program was choreographed to specifically include that child's statement before she even knew she was making one.

Regardless of the "role" she may have been expected to play, it was obvious that she was sincere, and truly heartbroken. While the rest of us argue about what we've lost--or been delivered from, depending on your opinion--his children have obviously lost a man who loved them, and who was loved by them in return. Now they're entering a world where they will be stalked and hunted, poked and prodded, and it's sickening to wonder how many of us are already anticipating the "good, juicy magazine covers" that will announce to the world rumors of their drug abuse or indiscriminate sex. Whether you believe Jackson's legacy is good or evil, those kids have to live with both and neither of them will offer them any comfort or reprieve.

Antigone*

I just settled into bed to watch the 11 pm news. I saw this beautiful little girl pour her heart and soul out to the world about the daddy she loves so much. My heart just broke for her. My prayers continue to be with the children who miss their daddy so much.

lealea1005

Michael Jackson has now done everything he will ever do, and said everything he will ever say. It is left to the rest of us to consider the totality of his life and finish the statement "He was a man who..."

Some will say "...was a kind, loving, misunderstood, nonconformist who had supernatural talent and made the most profound contributions to our collective culture." Others will say "...was a freakish, deeply disturbed predator who used children for sexual gratification and destroyed his body and his life with drug abuse."

Understandably, those who love him--and I mean really love him--are determined to present him at his memorial as the former, and I think it's highly likely that the program was choreographed to specifically include that child's statement before she even knew she was making one.

Regardless of the "role" she may have been expected to play, it was obvious that she was sincere, and truly heartbroken. While the rest of us argue about what we've lost--or been delivered from, depending on your opinion--his children have obviously lost a man who loved them, and who was loved by them in return. Now they're entering a world where they will be stalked and hunted, poked and prodded, and it's sickening to wonder how many of us are already anticipating the "good, juicy magazine covers" that will announce to the world rumors of their drug abuse or indiscriminate sex. Whether you believe Jackson's legacy is good or evil, those kids have to live with both and neither of them will offer them any comfort or reprieve.
I totally agree, and couldn't have said it better.

mistoffolees

Then let's start by giving them their privacy and not participating in the media circus.

Michael Jackson was a celebrity. Talking about him is not unreasonable. LEAVE HIS FAMILY ALONE. They never asked to be celebrities and you're not doing them any good by encouraging the press to be in their face all the time.

If people would quit spying on celebrity's family members, perhaps the press would stop what you call "good, juicy magazine covers".

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Michael Jackson was a celebrity. Talking about him is not unreasonable. LEAVE HIS FAMILY ALONE. They never asked to be celebrities and you're not doing them any good by encouraging the press to be in their face all the time.
Well... if you only include the three kids in "his family", you're correct. If you actually include all the rest of his family, you're not. Most of them did step into the spotlight willingly. Just not the kids.

That said - I wish the press would get off it and report something more serious and more interesting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">