• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recourse for harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

telarium

I'm a 28 year old male living in Florida. I have dated a girl for several years, but we broke up when she cheated on me a year ago. We work in the same place, but it is large enough we don't deal with each other. She went out of her way to confront me at work and for it she recieved only a reprimand. She has been friendly to me since, and i have attempted to be friends with her. But when she found I was dating someone else, she got very angry and accused me of sexual harassment, and of damaging her car (which has been damaged for years.) She is also dating her supervisor which creates additional problems. I received a reprimand and the case was dropped.

However Im very scared that she will continue to pursue this to hurt me more, because im told if she calls the cops they will go on her word. Im interested to know if there is some legal recourse, a restraining order for example, that I can at least put on her record to prevent her from going further with this, because right now it looks as if I am at fault and she needs only to lie again and I could lose my job, or if she calls the cops i could go to jail and it would go on my record. I did not act fast enough before and now I have no recourse at my employment, but I think I should do something before I have no legal recourse in my life. I am a white male and she is a black female which Im afraid will make her story more believable. Any advice?

T

TBTN

the best recourse for you right now is get the restraining order.if you have any evidence that shows that person is harrassing you at work, home etc, save it so it can be shown to judge.get a Lawyer and see if he/she can help you with legal situation.

T

telarium

thanks

Thank you for your advice. I appreciate anyones comments regarding this as I feel quite lost and confused. I will contact a lawyer. Again, thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">