• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FBI Search

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amom

my husband and i live in virginia. we are in the middle of a homestudy for a foreign adoption from russia. we will have to have our fingerprints searched by the fbi for the ins requirement. my husband was charged with selling a small amount of mariguana in the 80s but the case was dropped. my husband had recently requested a criminal search from ussearch.com and it didn't show any record of the arrest. he hasn't told the social worker about it, but i am afraid that if the fbi fingersearch shows it, our credibility could be ruined. my question is can an arrest that got dropped still show up during the fingerprint
search? how many years back does the fbi search go?

calatty

I don't know about FBI records, but an arrest without a conviction should not be held against him in any way. Remember: innocent until proven guilty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">