• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrleonard

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma
i had a landlord get a small claims judgment filed against me in june of 2004. how long is this ruling enforceable? how can i free myself? must i pay this fellow? he wasn't a terribly useful landlord...

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma
i had a landlord get a small claims judgment filed against me in june of 2004. how long is this ruling enforceable? how can i free myself? must i pay this fellow? he wasn't a terribly useful landlord...
If my memory serves me correctly the judgements are good for 10 years. You'll have to check with your state in particular, but many states allow for judgements to be renewed. So, at the end of the day, you are on the hook for at least 10 years, maybe even 20.

You can free yourself by paying what you owe.

Apparently you weren't a very useful tenant either.:p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">