• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

10 year old child used as punching bag on school bus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

john lessner

I would like to know if I can hold the school or the bus driver responsable for the daily abuse my 10 year old is getting on his ride home from the public school here in michigan?? I just learned of this problem on Friday and I am going to the school tomarrow to confront them with this. My son has been comming home with bruses for about 5 months and was saying it was from playing. now he informed me he is a human punching bag for 2 of the biggest boys on the bus. he also stated that the bus driver see's this going on. 4 Months ago we had to get him treated for a neck problem that I can now link to these beatings.

JETX

Based on your post, the driver and the school district are certainly responsible for what happens on that bus, especially if they aware of it.

You need to contact the school and maybe the board to make them aware of the situation and to protect your child.

Let them investigate your complaint and act on it.

J

john lessner

is there any legal action i can take for medical bills or trama to my son???

JETX

You have your priorities in the wrong sequence.

Get your childs problem fixed first, then worry about whether you have the possiblity for a lawsuit.

As I said before... bring the problem to the school and/or districts attention. Let them try to fix the problem. Then, if they fail to do so, you can consider possible action to protect your son.

Let's not worry about your filing a lawsuit until you have all the facts!

B

Beverly T

When I drove a school in Texas

I drove a school in Texas afew years ago.There were children of all grades.1 through high school.I had a mirrow that I could watch them.
When I had trouble with big ones picking on little ones,I put the big ones up front where I could watch them like they were five years old.If that did not stop it,I put the trouble makers off the bus for three days and their mother or father had to get in touch with me before I would let them back on the bus.This is in no way advice. I am just telling you how I handled things on my bus.
If children did not set down and be good, I would pull over to a safe place and refuss to drive them home untill everyone got quite.
In my case,I was hired by one person and put in district where I lived becaused my 3 children could ride the bus I was driving. I started driving this school bus because I did not like the way the driver was doing his job.
I sure do hope that everything works out for you.I stop driving a school bus because I felt that the buses that I knew of were not safe and I did not want my children on them or anyone elses.If something were to happen,I would be the one to get the blame.Even if it was not my fault.

Best of luck to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">