• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they tow my car without a warning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

deerwood

My car was towed from in front of my house, cause it was parked on the grass, I was there for less than an hour and they had my car towed. I had to pay $108 to recover my car. Will I be able to fight this.

JETX

Need a lot more information:
1) Was your car parked in front of a private residence, apartment, townhouse, commercial property, what???
2) Who authorized the towing? Property owner, city???
3) Were there any posted no parking or towing signs?
4) Was the towing done to enforce local (city, county or state) laws?
5) What reason were you given for the tow??
6) Does your community have a 'cars parked on grass will be towed' law??

Without these facts, any answer you get would be pure speculation.

D

deerwood

It was a private residence (mine) I rent the house, and it was towed by the association. There are no signs posted cause it was parked on my front yard, the reason they gave me was because I was illegally parked on my grass and if they do have a law about it I never recieved any letters or warnings saying there was and I've been there for 4 years.

JETX

Now that we have a little more facts.... it would have helped if you answered the questions that I asked previously!

Your reply is a little confusing... you say that this is a private residence that you are renting, yet the towing was done by the "association".

Since you haven't answered my first questions, who is the "association"?? And what did they say when you asked them about the tow?? I assume that they directed you to some by-laws or rules for the "association" that parking on the grass was a 'no-no'. If so, you have little or no case to stand on.

[As a personal note, I am getting tired of playing 'hundred questions'. Either give us the full facts so that we can help, or I will move on to others that provide full facts to get full answers.]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">