• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Entitled?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Huskie Pup

I reside in Chicago, Illinois. I closed on a condo before I was married, me and my wife lived in this condo, and due to me finding out that she had an affair I am now seeking a divorce. My question is what is my wife entitled to in regards to the condo. Again I closed on the condo before we were married and her name is not on the mortgage.

ThanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

I reside in Chicago, Illinois. I closed on a condo before I was married, me and my wife lived in this condo, and due to me finding out that she had an affair I am now seeking a divorce. My question is what is my wife entitled to in regards to the condo. Again I closed on the condo before we were married and her name is not on the mortgage.

ThanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
She is entitled to 50% of the equity in the condo that accrued during the marriage.

So, how much was your original mortgage? What was the original purchase price? What does it appraise for now? What is the balance of your mortgage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">