• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drbranison

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am in Missouri. My landlord took me to small claims wih a bunch of trumped up and fabricated damages totaling $3000.00+. She was awarded the max $3000.00. Basically she wants me to pay to remodel her house. She has been a court reporter for 15+ years and knows how to mumipulate the system. She appeared with a layer and a paid witness and a bunch of pictures that painted a poor picture (which anyone can do). I have never dealt with anything like this so I wasn't as prepard as I thought I was. I moved into the house and my husband (at the time) and I signed a 2 year 9 month lease with intentions to buy the house. I spent over $2000.00 in (approved) improvements. My husband and I seperated and divorced during the lease period but the lease was still in both names. toward the end of the lease, the landlord and I began proceedings for me to buy the house. She changed her mind and decided she wanted to move back in it. She claimed outrageou charges and damages. Most were general maintenance issues and general aging of the house however, she was able to convince the judge (that she was probably acquanted with) that I had caused damages. The judge did not even look at any of my documentation or facts in the case. Iwant to appeal but I want to make sure I have a valid case. Also, I am currently unemployed. Can she have my unemployment benefits garnished?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">