• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband quit paying court ordered Spousal support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wndyprc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
have a lawyer, I need a second opnion, my husband quit paying court ordered spousal support in March, we go to court in September, can I make him pay before then? Our children are over 18, we were married for 25 years.

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
have a lawyer, I need a second opnion, my husband quit paying court ordered spousal support in March, we go to court in September, can I make him pay before then? Our children are over 18, we were married for 25 years.
Is the Sept. court date on a motion for contempt to enforce payment?

If it is, you really can't do anything to force payment until the issue goes before the court, sorry.

mistoffolees

Is the Sept. court date on a motion for contempt to enforce payment?

If it is, you really can't do anything to force payment until the issue goes before the court, sorry.
You're probably right, but it might be worth talking with the state child support enforcement department. They may be able to speed things up.

Gracie3787

You're probably right, but it might be worth talking with the state child support enforcement department. They may be able to speed things up.
State CSE agencies can only enforce CS orders, not SS orders. OP indicated that all children are over 18, and does not indicate that any CS arrears are owed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">