• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Use of pool etc.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lucasdw

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Ohio

I stay with my girlfriend 3-5 nights a week in her apartment. I have a key and the pass code and stay there when she is not home sometimes. I recently had some friends over to use the pool. The next day we received a complaint that we broke a rule because a tenant was not present with guests. Am I not considered a tenant and unable to use the facilities without her presence?

HomeGuru

Ohio

I stay with my girlfriend 3-5 nights a week in her apartment. I have a key and the pass code and stay there when she is not home sometimes. I recently had some friends over to use the pool. The next day we received a complaint that we broke a rule because a tenant was not present with guests. Am I not considered a tenant and unable to use the facilities without her presence?
**A: since you are not registered with the HOA as an official tenant of record, you are not a tenant.

justalayman

Ohio

you may have more problems than just the pool situation.

Unless you are listed as a resident on the lease, your GF may be in violation of her lease simply by allowing you to stay there 3-5 nights a week. The fact you claim to be a tenant is why you may have trouble. If the lease does not allow any additional residents on the lease, you could be the cause of her eviction. Read the lease and follow it.

as to using the pool; unless you are a LEGAL tenant, you have no rights as a tenant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">