• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car repair wthout a receipt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

juliepatchouli5

BTW I'm in Colorado
My car's clutch went out in a small town called Limon, in Colorado. We stayed overnight in a small hotel in which the manager claimed to be a mechanic on the side. So he charged us the new part plus 175 of labor to repair our clutch, he also asked us to buy 3 bottles of transmission oil. To make a long story short when we got there to pick up our car he had put our tires back facing outwards so we had him fix that and as soon as we had driven about 80 mi on the freeway our car started making the horrible noise it made before. So we called him to come and check it out and when he got there he said it was our transmission this time. We just found out that he's not even a real or licensed mechanic, just wanted to make some extra bucks...We took it to a real shop and now it costs $1200 to repair it and tha cause is that the transmission was completely dry of oil. this guys obviously messed up our trainsmission so that we could come back to him because he immediately offered to fix it. And he himself admitted to not having put tranny oil in there. We want to take him to small claims, but we have no receipt...We typed one out for him to sign, but he wouldn't. We have witnessesa and a loan form stating that we borrowed 175 from my husband's work. Do we have a case at all? What can we do? We're in a real bad financial situation already, just had a baby and really need our car back....PLEASE HELP WITH SOME ADVICE

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">