• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims and more

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ABThanks

I filed a restraining order on my ex boyfriend for domestic violence and the court date is for 7/15, California courts. He is on parole and after his parole officer visited me last week he was taken into custody (his parole is over in Nov 09).
We lived together for a week. Rented a studio that both our names were on the lease. We orginally had a six month lease but the landlord let us out of it due to the restraining order. I paid the whole $1000 to move in which was our deposit and most of that months rent. I moved out 6 days after we moved in (12th) and he moved out on the 30th. He did not pay the remaining balance so it was taken out of our deposit, of which only half was returned to me and the other half to him. So I paid $1000 and got back $229.25 to live there for only 6 days and he paid $0 and still got back $229.25 to live there for 25 days.
My questions are:
--Do I have a case worth pursuing?
--Should I get an attorney?
--Can I bring up a Small Claims issue at the restraining order hearing to aviod having to see him again?
--Will his being locked up interfere with having to go to court again?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">