• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Calatty and Momtl, I'm the pregnant girl that wrote of unwanted pot in my IN apt.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ITSME

Hi ladies, I wanted to say thank for for responding and giving me your advice kindly in response to my question about whether to turn the person in that I signed the lease with (the dad to my unborn baby) for having marajuana in our apartment.
It turns out I went there this last thurs and the power was shut off and all of his furniture was out. So.. we're gonna get evicted. Which is what I wanted instead of having to pay the 1/2 of the 12 more months of rent. So now the only question is this...When we have a court hearing with our landlord and her attorney, should I have a lawyer there? The landlord said since it was both of our names on the lease that he didn't have to pay his half of leaving the apartment, and I'm going to pay my half over time, so I don't want that on my credit report, his half. And then I don't know what to do, could he sue me for 1/2 of feb's rent since I left the first of feb????? And He wrote me 2 bad checks 1 for $90.00 and the other for $75.00 they both came back to me in the mail charging me $5 a piece and they were both stamped NSF, so I called his bank a couple of days later and they said he had closed his account out. Somone told me that I could sue him and get 3 times each check amount out of him, I just wondered if I should do it, and what he could get me for , and if he does try to sue for 1/2 feb's rent should I tell the judge why I left because of the pot?
I'm just confused I've never had to deal with anything legal before. Oh by the way, I'm going to our county's prosecuters office to get child support from him, I just wondered if you knew how far along I needed to be to do that, I am now 5 months and a week and some, and I wondered when you file for child support, is that going to court???? So should I wait til then to bring up the NSF checks???
Thank you for listening, anything you might know about these issues will leave me thankful for your help.
ITSME

calatty

You should post your questions relating to the lease and your landlord in the landlord tenant forum. As for suing the father of your child, in my opinion you should rather attempt to cultivate a civilized and workable relationship with him. Anything else will only hurt your child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">