• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bohns41

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Can someone tell me what legal standing I have...

If a small boy that was invited over to my home, runs into my screen door with his body, and damages it.

What is the legal standing?

Is this something that I should eat, because I invited him over, or is it something that my property insurance handles, or is it something that I should make his parents pay...?

I'm sure that your deductible is much more that say, $100 for a new door, if it's really damaged so much that it needs to be replaced.

Accidents happen. How can you actually approach the parents and ask them to pay for something, when you extended the invite?

This is just one to eat.

racer72

Was the boy negligent, ie, run into the door on purpose causing the damage? If the answer is no, you pay to fix the door.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">