• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help prevent copywrite circumvention

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

danacya

ive writen a screenplay which various people have passed around under the table against my wishes. although my work is copyrighted i have learned that a very similar screenplay has already been written taking many of my ideas. I let it be known that if they steal mywork I will sue, so now these people have scheduled a debate in which they will be taking my ideas public so that they can then say thatthey didn't get them from me. I know that ideas cannot be copywrighted, but the unique way in which I explore novel ideas by entering the minds of historical figures who debate relevant issues is being duplicated by some of the very same historical figures who will be discussing some fo the very same issues. There are so many similarities that this is way beyond the possibility of coincidence. The manner is which the material is going to be presented is clearly designed to circumvent my copyright. Would a cease and desist letter have any value in defending my work? Or is there some other preemptive action I can take to prevent my copyrited material from being appropriated in this way? If I cannot stop the forum from taking place, can I at least insist that the manner in which the material is being presented be changed so as not to infringe upon my copyright? i feel that if i do nothing, not even protest, then it's asif i'm giving my blessing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">