• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unfair demotion ,pay cut?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DEMOTED GIRL

i have a very good attendance record at work. recently i did not work on a saturday that was scheduled overtime (it was only a three hour day) i havent missed a full day in probably two years. i was sick and didnt get up in time to call in. i was transferred to another department where the pay is less. i was also suspended for one day with pay. can my pay be cut to what everyone else in that department makes? no one else has ever been transferred when they have been suspended and our policy is to be suspended for 1 day, then 3 days, then 5 days then you are terminated. this is my first suspension do i have a legal case if my pay is cut? there is another employee who missed 3 days of work because she was sick and she didnt call in on the last day she missed yet she wasnt even reprimanded and this happened three days prior to the day i missed can i do anything about this obvious favortism? i work in tennesse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">