• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brand new lemon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jwill106

I bought my wife a mini-van in April 2000 and have problems ever since. we noticed that some electrical devices were not working all the time such defrosters heat wipers and the electrical display on the dash which shows speed miles and the gas tank. They would work on and off when they wanted, so I was in touch with the dealer who told they would have to actually see the car not working in order to service it. We had to continue driving the mini van with these problems until they finally stopped working all together. We took the car to the shop and it was repaired the first time and then it happened again this time we noticed a smell of smoke from the vehicles dash and the same components failed we took the car to the shop and after arguing with the dealer we got them to take the vehicle in the shop. The repair was made to the vehicle and we took it from the shop. Two days later while driving the vehicle the car stopped running altogether it cut off in the middle of the street. I took it back to the dealer who repaired the vehicle in two days and said it was ready for pick up.Less than one mile from the dealers the car cut off again. WE took the car back to the shop where it was driven by one of employees who said there was nothing wrong with the vehicle so we took it for another ride with the employee who broke along a machine that diagnosed the car and the same things happen to the vehicle. The vehicle was misfiring the whole trip. My car has been in the too many times to be a new car at least five or six times the dealer will not provide me with receipts of the repairs. I asked to speak with the manager who refused to see me I wrote him a letter demanding a new vehicle. I've spoken to numerous people at the dealer about the reoccuring problems. I've been passed back and forth to people and nobody at the dealership wishes to deal with me.I have no confidence in the vehicle and refuse to drive because it is unsafe to operate.I would like to know if I have any legal rights at all. John Williams/ Virginia

T

Timmay

Your situation sounds like a lemon law stiuation to me. Although I am not a lawyer I have purchased two lemons in the last three years. You might want to file for lemon law arbitration or get a lawyer. I chose not to get a lawyer because of the cost and went directly to arbitration, each time I prevailed and received a refund. Make sure you get the documents before getting a lawyer or requesting arbitration. I wish you luck in getting your problems corrected or obtaining a refund.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">