• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOA Reserves

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kclick

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

Greetings!
I have been trying to complete a simple, no cash out refinance on my condo. I was turned down because my HOA does not have the required reserves. Is it a law that they must have a certain amount in reserves at all times? Are the rquirements/law different for different lending instituions or do they all require the same amounts under the law? Is their anything I can do to recoup my losses such as the appraisal fee I paid up front? Needless to say I am very upset with my HOA!
Thanks!

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

Greetings!
I have been trying to complete a simple, no cash out refinance on my condo. I was turned down because my HOA does not have the required reserves. Is it a law that they must have a certain amount in reserves at all times? Are the rquirements/law different for different lending instituions or do they all require the same amounts under the law? Is their anything I can do to recoup my losses such as the appraisal fee I paid up front? Needless to say I am very upset with my HOA!
Thanks!
**A: each lender has different requirements and there is no way to recoup the costs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">