• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Law Suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jerry Rhodes

state of florida.

i am being suied over a vehicle loan. the vehicle was refinanced may 1998 with barnett bank. shortly after the bank was bought out by nations bank. my payments were totally up to date and always on time. i started recieving threating letters that they wanted all the money or the vehicle returned. i made several attempts to get nations bank to find there mistake but they never did and i continued to recieve the threating letters. i further closed my checking account with them and paid off the vehicle loan in cash because of there mistakes. after the loan was paid off i recieved the title to the vehicle. shortly after bank of america bought out nations bank and i started recieving threating letters from them. i contacted bank of america and explained that the loan had been paid off and i recieved the title. they continued to threaten me and i simply ignored there letters. i was served a summons that a law suit has been filed against me and i have to file a written response if i want the court to hear my case. is there anything they can do

JETX

Before going through a legal response, I suggest that you contact the attorney and advise him/her that your debt was paid in full and that you no longer owe any money on the debt. Offer to send a copy of the released title AND the receipt for your cash payment of the account (you do have a reciept don't you??? It would be highly unusual for the bank to not give one for a cash payment).

If the attorney refuses to non-suit you (drop their action), you will have to respond with a denial and prepare for trial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">