• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reapply for job I was laid off from

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Diver519

In 9/00 I was laid off from a company due to my position being eliminated. All four members of my team were laid off. Shortly after this, it was determined there was still a need for what we did so they created a position with an almost identical job description but different title. None of the four that were laid off were called about the position (one of the four is still with the company in another capacity). After I was told I was being laid off, I was offered a job elsewhere in the company but in a diffent field. I turned the position down because I wished to remain in technology and left on a good note (I thought!) and went to work elsewhere. I was notified by my former supervisor (on a personal level, the company did not notify me) that the position they created to replace my job was now open due. I am being told confidentially that they will not consider me for the position because I turned down the other offer they made in the company. Don't they have some sort of legal responsibility to rehire a laid off employee if their job becomes available again... yes it has a new name, but it is still my old job!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">