• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Emergency Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anesava

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I helped a friend out in 2006 and got a car in my name only. He has been struggling to pay for it since then and now just told me that he is no longer able to pay it. What can I do in this situation? How, if I got the car completely in my name can I hold him accountable to continue the payments? The car will be repossessed soon and I am responsible for paying the balance but I have a statement that states that he would be making the payment. What can I do? The balance owed on the car is 13,346. This is the balance before its repossession had taken place, so I am not how much the bank will bill for after auction.

What should I do?

Thank you

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I helped a friend out in 2006 and got a car in my name only. He has been struggling to pay for it since then and now just told me that he is no longer able to pay it. What can I do in this situation? How, if I got the car completely in my name can I hold him accountable to continue the payments? The car will be repossessed soon and I am responsible for paying the balance but I have a statement that states that he would be making the payment. What can I do? The balance owed on the car is 13,346. This is the balance before its repossession had taken place, so I am not how much the bank will bill for after auction.

What should I do?

Thank you
You will be held liable for this debt. Your credit will tank if you don't make the payments. You might as well drive the car you own.

eta... I am to lazy to google this while on my blackberry, but I highly doubt this is a small claims case.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">