• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Malicious Mischief Car Keying Victim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AdviceNeedy

Washington State :(:mad:Almost 3 years ago (just under the legal statute of limitations in my state) my car was keyed and I know who did it. Until about 2 months ago, I had no real burden of proof, just many witnesses who explained exactly who it was psychically , what she was wearing and who she was with. Prior to my discovering my car and it's "keyed" condition, this person initiated a confrontation with me inside a club I was at as a designated driver for my friend. She left shortly after I walked away after being verbally abused and beaten up by this beast. Little did I know she was outside keying my car. Anyway, to make a long story short, a mutual acquaintance of both of us, whom I had not even spoken with in several years whom she knew I had not spoken with, informed me that she proudly admitted to keying my car, and left the scene with bloody knuckles and all.

I have decided to exercise my legal right to sue in small claims court ($2000+ in damage) but am wondering if the statement will be proof enough, or if I should also plan to gather all my character references, and other witness statements from people that same night. I did file a police report and am currently waiting for the delivery of it, but need some advice in this field. I have never done such and evil thing, nor would I and this person exercises such maliciousness on a regular and never gets any punishment for it. It is time justice is served!!!:mad::confused:Thank you for any help or advice you can give!!!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

JETX

I have decided to exercise my legal right to sue in small claims court ($2000+ in damage) but am wondering if the statement will be proof enough, or if I should also plan to gather all my character references, and other witness statements from people that same night.
Courts do not like to take 'statements'. A statement can't be crossed, can't be watched for body language, etc. Don't risk having a statement tossed. Bring your witness(es) to court and have them offer their testimony directly to the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">