• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

About to sue 4 loosers. I need direction please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jcoleman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana.
I am about to sue 4 people. I need some advise. I live in Indiana on the border of Illinois. Here goes:
1. one owes $500.00 since last July(2008)-lives on widow's pension in Illinois. However, her home is part of a row of homes being bought by a big company bordering the homes. I have a promissary note signed by her along with a witness' signature to pay $25.00 monthly since last July. She has paid nothing so far. Here, I'm thinking of suing her in her state(Illinois) to get paid when her home is sold. What do you think?
2.a guy owes me $350.00 since last October. I have a promissary note from him stating that it would be paid in full by the end of November, 2008. He has paid nothing. He just got out of jail and is unemployed.
3. another guy owes me $4,000.00. He lived in Illinois at the time that he borrowed the money and signed the promissary note. He hasn't paid me a dime since July, 2008. He currently lives in Florida. He and #1 are witnesses to each other's signatures on the promissary notes. He is also indigent. Can I still sue him in Small Claims Court for $4,000.00? and in what state-mine :Indiana; Illinois- or Florida-where he lives.?? Since there is a signed promissary note here, how should I proceed?
4. I lent my car to a guy 2 weeks ago. He was going to do an oil change on somebody's car. I gave him permission to go do this. But he was stopped by the cops on his way to do this job. His license was revoked and he was arrested for a third felony DUI and suspended driver's license. My car was impounded and I didn't find out what happened to him and my car for about 12hrs. I was stranded in another city for hours without knowing what happened until I called the police. The next day I had to pay $120.00 to get my car out of impound. Someone else bonded him out of jail. He receives unemployment checks every 2 weeks. He is a drug addict/alcoholic and isn't concerned about paying me back this money. I have no promissary note from him at all. However, he does work on the books once in a while. Suing him in Illinois(his state) might make it easier to get a garnish on any wages he might make in the future if he works on the books legally, riight ??? Is this the way to go?

Any help on any of these people would be greatly appreciated. I always thought that you sued someone in your own state....apparently not.

racer72

Learn how to spell losers first would be a good start.
1. Knock yourself out.
2. Ever get blood from a turnip? No one else has either. Waste of time.
3. Have a nice trip to Florida. Travel and lodging expenses are not recoverable, you pay for that.
4. You loaned your car to someone that could not legally drive, you lose. It is your responsibility to ensure that folks you loan your car to are properly licensed. Your initial negligence is the reason your car was impounded.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">