• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Closed business, all equipment taken by business neighbor. HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

btaama15

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

Im gonna make this as short as possible. I closed my business recently, had a neighbor next to my business with an empty building. I was leasing and my lease was up. Had nowhere to put over 300 grand worth of equipment and personal property at the moment. Neighbor asked"friend to friend" to help my wife and I. He helped us move everything to his building to help us friend to friend. Neighbor asked to buy our business which he made several rediculous offers. We did not accept and things obviously didnt go his way. He also tried to get my wife to leave her family of 15 years to "run his new business after he finish's geting all the equipment from my partner and I" We have no contracts or written agreements. Actually had people from the county which the business is in help us move equipment which knew and heard the "im gonna help you friend to friend" deal. Now have been a month with no tools and I can not make a living, niow im losing my house and vehicles for not being able to work . HELP!

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

Im gonna make this as short as possible. I closed my business recently, had a neighbor next to my business with an empty building. I was leasing and my lease was up. Had nowhere to put over 300 grand worth of equipment and personal property at the moment. Neighbor asked"friend to friend" to help my wife and I. He helped us move everything to his building to help us friend to friend. Neighbor asked to buy our business which he made several rediculous offers. We did not accept and things obviously didnt go his way. He also tried to get my wife to leave her family of 15 years to "run his new business after he finish's geting all the equipment from my partner and I" We have no contracts or written agreements. Actually had people from the county which the business is in help us move equipment which knew and heard the "im gonna help you friend to friend" deal. Now have been a month with no tools and I can not make a living, niow im losing my house and vehicles for not being able to work . HELP!
Sorr to hear about your bad news. This is a legal forum, do you have a question?

btaama15

Sorr to hear about your bad news. This is a legal forum, do you have a question?
Yes im sorry, guess I made it too short. What is the best direction to head with this to get all my equipment back legally? Everything owned has no leans, and is paid for. There are no contracts or verbal agreements for any type of moneys for rent or storage. I feel like I could have taken local sheriff to get my stuff but he says I may have to file for illegal containment ? Is this the best direction?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">