• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nursing Home Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jean McIntire

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Four months ago the Nursing Home where my father is living made a financial mistake. They quoted my Mom an amount of money to pay monthly for my Father's health insurance. A few weeks ago, we received an e mail, stating that they had made a mistake and not charged us enough and we now owe them over $1500 for the health care insurance. Since this was THEIR mistake and we have been faithfully paying th amount they quoted us, do we have to pay the extra amount they have told us to pay? Should I contact my lawyer?

Thank you.
Jean McIntireWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Four months ago the Nursing Home where my father is living made a financial mistake. They quoted my Mom an amount of money to pay monthly for my Father's health insurance. A few weeks ago, we received an e mail, stating that they had made a mistake and not charged us enough and we now owe them over $1500 for the health care insurance. Since this was THEIR mistake and we have been faithfully paying th amount they quoted us, do we have to pay the extra amount they have told us to pay? Should I contact my lawyer?

Thank you.
Jean McIntireWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Yes, the money is owed to the nursing home should that be the correct amount. Mistakes are made. Do check each and every bill sent by the nursing home in detail. The billing department can provide the authorized agent with all itemizations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">