• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roofing leaks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Whitney Whiteman

In Sep. last year we had a roofing contractor install a new roof. In Jan (our first rain) it leaked. They have tried 3 times to repair, still leaks. I found out there bond was used up in Jan for unpaid material. the company is inc., question is can i get restution, repaired roof, and how should i approach this?

JETX

First you need to formalize the process....
Send the roofer a letter detailing your complaint, send it certified RRR. Give the dates work was completed, amount paid, and the dates of each callout for leak repair. Close with what you expect... a leak-proof roof or compensation for hiring someone else to repair the roof. Tell them to contact you within 5(?) working days to discuss what they are going to do to fix their problem.

If they don't respond, or you are unable to resolve this issue, you will have to consider a Small Claims action against them.

In the meantime, get other roofers out to look at the work and give estimates.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">