• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copyrighted procedures?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ishnid

I'm trying to develop an online fantasy soccer league (i.e. players score points for making appearances, scoring goals etc.). I'm trying to find a legal way to source my points (in a way that's easier than reading the newspapers and doing it manually). One idea that was mentioned was getting them from another website and I was wondering if this could be copyrighted. As far as I know, the statistics themselves (i.e. this player scored 2 goals on Saturday etc.) are not copyrighted since they are totally based on something in the public domain, i.e. facts. However is their system of awarding points (i.e. deciding how many points to award for a goal) subject to copyright or is it fair game?
Thanks for your help in advance
-ishnid

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">