• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injury of HOrse due to boarding pasture negligence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tinalube

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WIsconsin

:(

My Horse was punctured from a large branch on the ground that I was unaware was there. THe puncture led to severe infection, drainage and swelling. The vet check Casey and stated there was no fracture only a puncture from long slender object. 1 week later, Casey was trailored to vet without my permission while I was at work possibly leading to broken leg, which wasn't there when vet checked horse. NO permission or contract for this. My horse had to be euphanized.

Vet also said a kick could have broken her leg or possibly falling in trailor because she was standing mostly on 3 legs due to swelling and discomfort from infection.

I have another horse with a contract that states she is not liable for any gross negligence causing injury. That contract is signed. I have no signed contract for this horse because it was already at the facility, I just had a verbal contract and paid board. The facility feels they have no liablility.

What can I do.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WIsconsin

:(

My Horse was punctured from a large branch on the ground that I was unaware was there. THe puncture led to severe infection, drainage and swelling. The vet check Casey and stated there was no fracture only a puncture from long slender object. 1 week later, Casey was trailored to vet without my permission while I was at work possibly leading to broken leg, which wasn't there when vet checked horse. NO permission or contract for this. My horse had to be euphanized.

Vet also said a kick could have broken her leg or possibly falling in trailor because she was standing mostly on 3 legs due to swelling and discomfort from infection.

I have another horse with a contract that states she is not liable for any gross negligence causing injury. That contract is signed. I have no signed contract for this horse because it was already at the facility, I just had a verbal contract and paid board. The facility feels they have no liablility.

What can I do.
Was the stick on the ground outside? Were you with the horse at the time? Why was the horse transferred to the vet -- because the horse's leg was infected?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">