• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suing a movie theater

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dookydaddy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pennsylvania

hello i am suing a movie theater in small claims court. who gets served ? the insurance company? the theater? or the corporate office? the theater is locally operated but is a big chain like regal. the insurnace company says that they dont have laibility, but i have 2 witnessess who will testify that they were. please advise. thanx in advance

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pennsylvania

hello i am suing a movie theater in small claims court. who gets served ? the insurance company? the theater? or the corporate office? the theater is locally operated but is a big chain like regal. the insurnace company says that they dont have laibility, but i have 2 witnessess who will testify that they were. please advise. thanx in advance
The insurance company didn't harm you, so you have no cause of action against them.

I suspect you want to sue the local theater.

justalayman

You need to determine the business relationship between the local theater and the chain brand name. In many situations, the local entity is something such as a franchise or other type of relationship where the parent company would have no liability. If so, you sue the local business and serve the owners/principals of the local company. Generally those people are also named in the suit.

In a situation where the parent company actually operates the local theater, you sue that corporation and serve the principals of that corporation; preferably the CEO. Same thing goes for naming the principals with this situation as well.

dookydaddy

thank you

thank you so much for your help i get right on finding out what is what... a lawyer told me that if he took the case it would be %40 of whatever i got and this case at most is worth round $6500.. your advice is much appreciated

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">