• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unlawful sex with certain minors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TracyH68

I'm going to try to keep this brief, but there are so many cercumstances to this it'll be hard. My son has a warrant for his arrest because he was dating a girl that was 17 and a half years old, he was 24. Her parents liked him fine, even took him on vacation with their family. Evidently she told her parents he was younger than his age and when they found out the forbid her to see him, she still went to his house and they found out and had charges filed against him. She has since turned 18 years old and she never wanted these charges against my son to begin with. We believe these charges would have been dropped long ago if it weren't for the fact that her stepfather is an atty and personal friends with the states atty. There are alot of favors going on in Polk County Florida. The family claimed they feared the girl would take her life because of them forcing her to break it off with her boyfriend and them trying to have him jailed (which isn't true, she would never do anything so drastic) So they had her put on the mental ward of the hospital. Baker acted. She ran away from home and hasn't been back since. She's now 18, but afraid of going back home, for one the charges are still against her boyfriend and two, she's afraid they will try to have her locked up, saying she is incompetent to make her own decisions. These people are very coniving and deceitful. The stepfather is on some sort of power trip, he doesn't like to feel he's been beaten, even if it means his wife's daughter never comes home. As long as he wins. If/when my son is caught for this warrant, how long will he have to sit in the county jail before he goes to court? He can't afford an atty and will have to wait till one is appointed. They coerced the girl into saying that they had sex 5 times so he has 5 counts of unlawful sex with certain minors as the charge against him, that would be a $25,000.00 bond. She tried to recant saying that but her parents wouldn't allow her to speak with the detective. Now that she's 18 could she have the charges dropped herself? Thank you for any help you can offer.

D

DEMTHENES

it not legal advice

But i felt I wanted to give you my moral support this is what God is for so I'll pray you get your answer soon and don't forget the constitution's framers sought to make sure you would not be babysat by government and they rarly fail up in that echelon to ignore all contrary concepts to them becoming despotic or tyrannical'''and heres one the framers knew about .they PROTEC%T you .they play nursemaid and slipping little by little like a dog who is not supposed to beg next thing you know there is somthing up you {you know what}with a friggin microscope its not like the law of the land was written like they do today so have faithj get a lawyer and for goodness sake dont believe anyone who says you will lose on the technical validity of any law

V

Virginian

Hire the best attorney you can afford for him and don't worry. It's his first offense, the girl was willing, and the age difference is not so great---he may come out of this OK. It will cost you $2500 if you post bail for him (10% of the bail to a bail bondsman), and if you post bail he will not sit around jail at all. And I hope he learned something from this about fooling with girls under 18. If he gets a PD (public defender) he may still do OK but maybe not, given the caliber of the person accusing him---as you say, he has friends so unless your son has a good atty he will probably not come out of this as well. Even a PD doesn't want to tick off people who could later affect his career. With a PD, my brother went to jail on a charge that other attys tell me could easily have been beaten.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">