• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loaned Roommate Money & Now Leaving For The Army

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bposton

Georgia

I loaned my roommate $2,000.00 so that he could buy a car and go to work; paying me back with the money that he would be receiving from working more as well as his tax refund. I made him sign a contract with a witness present and established that he pay me $400 within 2 weeks (with tax refund) and then on the 1st of every month while it accrued %10 interest. Instead of paying me the planned $400, he kicked me out trying to get away with it (I'm guessing). I gave him written notices as to when to pay and what to pay, and that I would go to small claims if he didn't go along with the payment schedule. After only receiving insignificant responses from him, I filed the reports, filling in the address for the cops to issue the subpoena to, but by the time they got there he had fled (as I expected). He is set to go off to boot camp for the Army in a few weeks, and wanted to see if there were any policies in place that would help benefit me. I even received a call from Judge Mathis to do it on the show in Chicago which I thought would be a quick fix and modest way to settle this whole predicament. I guess that I am asking whether I can go talk to his recruiting officer and possibly force him to pay, or perhaps garnish his wages from his pay? I know his new address already as he painted the car sky blue with a paint brush roller.

Do I fill out the forms again or just amend them; and how?
Can I use the military for any type of leverage?

Thanks ahead of time!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">