• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is a VERBAL contract legal in NC?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

teachermom1234

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

My 24 year old son was hit by 3 deer in his car in Jan. and of course it was totaled. A friend of a friend told him he could fix it for cheap. (already sounding bad,huh?)
Anyway...he got the insurance money and then bought the car back...and this guy wanted $3000 up front to buy the parts. So he gave him the money....two friends witnessed this. Then nothing happened and basically the guy took off with his money. Can't get in touch with him....he just ignores my son.

So my son took him to small claims court. As luck would have it, the other guy had a lawyer and my son's two witnesses didn't show up...they were working. So the guy basically won. Of course I had my son to appeal. So now it's going to ARBITRATION. The hearing is in two weeks.
He plans on FOR SURE having the two witnesses there. Any other advice you can give???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">