• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speed Cameras in Arizona

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cherile2134

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Thank you for your response.
I am talking about a coworker who tole me about the ticket she received. She was going APPROX. 64 in a 55 zone. She did not know the speed limit changed from 65 to 55 and when she went through the camera she was coming down a hill. She knew the cameras were there because she saw the signs but she did not know the speed limit changed. Why it changed no one knows, it just changed at some point.

She said she paid the ticket becasue by the time she got through the long line of people all waiting to pay their tickets she had spent two hours.
Then she finds out she can't fight it there she has to set a court date, three months down the road. She said I didn't have time for that, so she paid the 181.00. Like I am sure so many other people do.

My question is as before is it legal to charge people with speeding when the ticket itself says APPROX. ? I don't think so.

Thanks - Cher

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Thank you for your response.
I am talking about a coworker who tole me about the ticket she received. She was going APPROX. 64 in a 55 zone. She did not know the speed limit changed from 65 to 55 and when she went through the camera she was coming down a hill. She knew the cameras were there because she saw the signs but she did not know the speed limit changed. Why it changed no one knows, it just changed at some point.

She said she paid the ticket becasue by the time she got through the long line of people all waiting to pay their tickets she had spent two hours.
Then she finds out she can't fight it there she has to set a court date, three months down the road. She said I didn't have time for that, so she paid the 181.00. Like I am sure so many other people do.

My question is as before is it legal to charge people with speeding when the ticket itself says APPROX. ? I don't think so.

Thanks - Cher
yes, it is legal.

racer72

What does this have to do with environmental and toxic torts? Did someone pass gas while she was waiting in line?

It is legal, because Approx means no something specific, and in that ground, they can take that amount.
what are the guidelines for the Approx then?? (for days....for time...for months,,,,for years,,,,for location,,,,etc,) so if something happened on say Oct 21 then what would the guideline be for the "Approx" date?? (how many days either side)

Proserpina

what are the guidelines for the Approx then?? (for days....for time...for months,,,,for years,,,,for location,,,,etc,) so if something happened on say Oct 21 then what would the guideline be for the "Approx" date?? (how many days either side)
?! :confused:

Approximate

–adjective
1. near or approaching a certain state, condition, goal, or standard.
2. nearly exact; not perfectly accurate or correct: The approximate time was 10 o'clock.
3. near; close together.
4. very similar; nearly identical.

–verb (used with object)
5. to come near to; approach closely to: to approximate an ideal.
6. to estimate: We approximated the distance at three miles.
7. to simulate; imitate closely: The motions of the stars can be approximated in a planetarium.
8. to bring near.

–verb (used without object)
9. to come near in position, character, amount, etc.

(I'm sorry - I might be missing something painfully obvious to everyone else)

?! :confused:

Approximate

–adjective
1. near or approaching a certain state, condition, goal, or standard.
2. nearly exact; not perfectly accurate or correct: The approximate time was 10 o'clock.
3. near; close together.
4. very similar; nearly identical.

–verb (used with object)
5. to come near to; approach closely to: to approximate an ideal.
6. to estimate: We approximated the distance at three miles.
7. to simulate; imitate closely: The motions of the stars can be approximated in a planetarium.
8. to bring near.

–verb (used without object)
9. to come near in position, character, amount, etc.

(I'm sorry - I might be missing something painfully obvious to everyone else)
tells me nothing

ecmst12

PMorrison can barely write in english, so you can feel free to disregard anything he posts.

If it said she was going approx 57 in a 55, she might be able to fight it. 64 is a lot more then 55, even if she was going 62, she was still speeding.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">