• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Correctly using affidavit form

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alaska

Just a couple boring clarifications I need to understand about filling out an affidavit form properly...

http://www.state.ak.us/courts/forms/tf-940.pdf
I'm going to e-mail this link to a person whom I'd like to sign a statement. Can she type the text in, or does it have to be hand written?

Do the other fields (city, plaintiffs, defendents, etc.) need to be filled in before the notary can sign it?

Can I make photocopies of this affidavit to provide the defendants their copies of the evidence against them?

Also, my understanding is a simple signed statement is not nearly as effective as an affidavit signed by a notary--true?

Any other tips on writing a strong, concise--not too long, but not missing a chance to firmly establish key points--affidavit is appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">