• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

taking a juvenile to small claims court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ferretmommy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

My 16 year old stepson was falsely accused of doing damage to a hotel room door, the only evidence was the person he was with that is actually the one who did the damage, and lied to save himself. My husband and I decided he should have an attorney representing him, so I hired one at a cost of $350, and told him that he will repay me. The day after the case was heard, he went to live with his mother, and now says that "he didn't tell me to hire an attorney for him." Can I take the matter to small claims court and get a judgement for the amount?

Antigone*

My 16 year old stepson was falsely accused of doing damage to a hotel room door, the only evidence was the person he was with that is actually the one who did the damage, and lied to save himself. My husband and I decided he should have an attorney representing him, so I hired one at a cost of $350, and told him that he will repay me. The day after the case was heard, he went to live with his mother, and now says that "he didn't tell me to hire an attorney for him." Can I take the matter to small claims court and get a judgement for the amount?
Sue his dad ~ You can't sue the son. The mom had nothing to do with this so you can't sue her.

Just Blue

BRAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA...LOL! Ahh,,No.:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">