• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

barking dog

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drea123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I received a letter in the mail from our condo association, fining me $25 for a barking dog and him being unattended outside...even tho, I live on a 2nd floor balcony condo....the dog has access with a doggy door to go inside and outside and he is in a fenced in balcony (2nd floor). Also, he only barks when the neighbors walk by the balcony. Is it legal for them to fine me?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I received a letter in the mail from our condo association, fining me $25 for a barking dog and him being unattended outside...even tho, I live on a 2nd floor balcony condo....the dog has access with a doggy door to go inside and outside and he is in a fenced in balcony (2nd floor). Also, he only barks when the neighbors walk by the balcony. Is it legal for them to fine me?
**A: of course it is legal for the HOA to fine. Read your House Rules and condo docs.

JustAPal00

Where I used to live, you got fined if your dog barked for 5 minutes 3 times in a day. The enforcement officer would stand right over the property line and time the dog as it barked at him. He would leave after 5 minutes and then come back and do it again. After three times you got a $75 ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">