• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leak is roof or siding causes damage to interior

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Musikaim

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

For the past two weeks our roof or siding has been leaking into our townhouse unit and the association keeps saying they are sending someone out to fix it but the leak continues every time it rains. At first it was only coming in on the first floor but now it has spread to the second floor and has completely ruined the carpet, the moulding, a dresser, and some of the wall.

The room smells very badly like mildew and mold and the leak still has not been repaired.

Who is responsible for the damaged items? Me or my HOA?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

For the past two weeks our roof or siding has been leaking into our townhouse unit and the association keeps saying they are sending someone out to fix it but the leak continues every time it rains. At first it was only coming in on the first floor but now it has spread to the second floor and has completely ruined the carpet, the moulding, a dresser, and some of the wall.

The room smells very badly like mildew and mold and the leak still has not been repaired.

Who is responsible for the damaged items? Me or my HOA?

**A: file a claim with your homeowner's insurance co.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">