• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Time Frame for Raises?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Harper

My husband was hired at his current place of business in CT 3 years ago in a Director position. After a few months of working there it was decided that he was doing more than he was hired on for and a salary adjustment resulted in a pay increase. Since that time he has received no raises. He has been reviewed (or so he's told) but is still waiting for the raise. He was also told that the raise would be retroactive.

Also, recently another person was hired and given the same title my husband has. The explanation given for that was that this new person would be doing different facets of the entitled job and they would work on a new title for my husband. Any attempts to discuss this whole situation with the boss are met with stalling. My husband has asked point blank if they are planning to fire him, or if they are trying to get him to quit and he was told no to both questions.

What should his course of action here be? He wants to find a new job, but would he be able to get the money he is owed retroactively?

Thanks for any help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">