• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restraining orders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jeff St Clair

i had a dating relationship with another male, after two years of discreet dating..he became very controlling, abusive..to the point of death threats if anyone should find out. I told him to cease his death threats as i never would tell anyone about us. he lives with a gay roommate..and when i told his roommate about his death threats he became fureious and increased his threats. i finally had to make 6-8 police reports and finally a restraining order ... he denied having a dating relationship with me and told the court that i was the one threatening him/and his family ( lies!) we both now have restraining orders... after one week ..police came to my house and arrested me ( 72hrs of horror..my first offence) the charge ..breaking a court order and stalking him..( lies)..I'm a good person and just want to go on with my life.. later charges were dropped .. I don't know what he had told police, or why they were dropped.. How do I prevent this from continuing or spiralling on and on..??
I fear from day to day that he'll again charge me for stalking or harrassing him ...just on his and his roommate's word... What do I do to protect myself from false accussations??... I am disabled and on medication ( 56yo) can not handle this type of abuse especially jail.
Please anyone who can advice me what to do now to prevent false charges of stalking ( I stay home 99%of time!) or harrassment..( I even changed my phone ) What do I tell police if they come to arrest me for stalking when I have not done so?.. He's obviously trying to put me in prison just for spite cause others found out about us being together... Jeff ( S.F. California )

H

HumorMe!

A good attorney is what you need right now! Sorry, but that is exactly what you need. At least one on retainer to call if the worst should happen.

hm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">