• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Truck Title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

herefromvenus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

My dad passed away in 2007, he and I both were on the title to his truck. My mother had 2 strokes in a years time, the 1st being directly after my dads passing away. I had so much to take care of for her, that I did not really have the time or ability or any assistance from other family to have the title transferred directly to me. So, here it is 2 years later and I need to trade it in for a more economically affordable vehicle. My mother and I both had to move an hour away, so that I could find a much better job. My dad, by the way, did not have a will. Nor did he leave anything in anyone else's hands. I need to have someone who is legally allowed to sign in his place for a duplicate title and to sell the truck. Would that be my mom or could I do this? I need this title right away since the truck is in bad shape. I have searching everywhere and even the BMV will not give me a specific answer to this. They require a letter showing someone is legally able to sign for him along with the title application. We do not lose a parent everyday, this is not something that you go through so many times in life that you would automatically know all the legal jargon. So, I would be greatly appreciative if someone can enlighten me on this. Thank you.

:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">