• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Identity Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gsx

Hi,
I was recently at a bowling alley/pool hall. When getting my pool table they requested for my drivers license which would be returned when I was done playing. Thought nothing of it and gave it to them. Then a individual on the table next to me started making trouble with another group of men and starting yelling "I like kill people" etc. and smashed up some pool cues. He left shortly after this, and we felt uncomfortable so we decided to leave too. When I went to get my license back I found out they accidently gave it to the guy causing problems!!! Immediately I was concerned that he has my home address and other personal information. About a week after this I get a call from Visa and I am the victim of identity theft (never happened to me before). Visa covers fraudulent charges. Now I'm even more pissed at the pool hall for giving away my license. Concerned about identity theft again, safety, associated costs with the incident (new license, cab fare etc). Please advise me, what can I do???

Gg

Last edited:

Antigone*

Hi,
I was recently at a bowling alley/pool hall. When getting my pool table they requested for my drivers license which would be returned when I was done playing. Thought nothing of it and gave it to them. Then a individual on the table next to me started making trouble with another group of men and starting yelling "I like kill people" etc. and smashed up some pool cues. He left shortly after this, and we felt uncomfortable so we decided to leave too. When I went to get my license back I found out they accidently gave it to the guy causing problems!!! Immediately I was concerned that he has my home address and other personal information. About a week after this I get a call from Visa and I am the victim of identity theft (never happened to me before). Visa covers fraudulent charges. Now I'm even more pissed at the pool hall for giving away my license. Concerned about identity theft again, safety, associated costs with the incident (new license, cab fare etc). Please advise me, what can I do???

Gg
US law only

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">