• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money Borrow by Employer not paid back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ckyiu516

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca

In December of 2007, I took out a line of credit for my former employer in the amount of $5000. My employer said he would pay it back in a few months once he catches up with his bills and rent for the stores. I took his word for it did him a favor. Few months went by and I was still making the monthly payments. It took him about 1 year before making a payment of $1000 to me. He again said that he would have it pay back when he receive payments from his clients. Now I am stuck with the monthly payments and on top of that, I am starting to have to pay back my student loans also. I tried contacting him but no response. Can I take it to the small claims court and make him pay that debt back immediately? What can I do at this point? I have emails to prove that he indeed borrow the money and said he would pay it back (loan amount plus interest) but we did not have a written contract.

Help!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">